Chiropractor SEO: Google My Business
When you are a chiropractor, you have to compete with all other chiropractors in your area. But this means you’re competing with only the ones in your area, not those across the world. So, you have to be on the first page of search results, so you are one of the first chiropractors people see when they search for local chiropractors. To get on that first page, you need chiropractor SEO.
Once you have strong keywords, it’s time to visit your Google My Business page, as well as your website. Your Google My Business page will come up on the Map of a Google business search. This will boost your Google ratings and make it easier than with only your website.
Make sure to completely fill out your Google My Business page so you are as relevant as all surrounding chiropractors.
- Claim your page then follow instructions for the verification process. Once completed, you should have a checkmark and the word “Verified” beside your business name on your page.
- Make sure your name, address, and phone number are accurate and consistent across all web pages. In order to show that you are local, use a local number instead of an 800 number.
- Your categories are not keywords or results. They are services. So, for example, you would be a Chiropractor, Massage Therapist, Reflexologist, etc. It’s best to choose 3 – 5 categories.
- Make sure your description is short and sweet, about 100 – 200 words. It will be a description of you and what you do at your business. You will want to end this with a call to action. (A call to action is a request for the user to do something next). So, you could end with “Call now for an appointment”.
- Ensure that your hours of service are correct and consistent across all webpages.
- Add photos of you, your office, and your staff. Users respond better to results that include pictures. You can also use a custom photo instead of the Google My Business background photo.
You’ll want to start with your homepage and the core pages. These are the pages that involve the most important information. Such as a description page, contact us, and book now page. You will want your title to be about 50 – 65 characters, so not too long or too short. Make your description about 500 – 1,000 words that is concise, accurate, and inviting.
Next are the service pages. These pages include History, Events, and other tabs related to your business and what you offer. You will want to use keywords on all of your pages, but make sure not to overuse them.