So you want to launch a marketing project … where do you start? Whether it’s by means of conventional media outlets such as TV, radio, and magazines, or digital marketing channels such as social networks, SEO, and paid marketing, a project supervisor can assist you plan and perform your next marketing project. In this post, we’ll stroll you through the procedure of working with a project manager.
What is a project supervisor?
Campaign supervisors handle all the planning, coordination, and tracking that goes into running a marketing campaign. A marketing campaign normally involves a particular push to drive traffic, such as a new item launch.
Here’s a fast summary of the abilities a freelance campaign manager may have:
- Task management and budgeting
- < a href=" https://www.upwork.com/hiring/for-clients/affordable-customer-relationship-management-tools-growing-companies/ "onclick=" _ gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'outbound-article', 'https://www.upwork.com/hiring/for-clients/affordable-customer-relationship-management-tools-growing-companies/', 'CRM/campaign management tools'] );" rel= "nofollow "target=" _ blank "> CRM/campaign management tools such as HubSpot, Salesforce, and Zoho
- B2B/B2C marketing
- Marketing analytics and reporting
- Content marketing (e.g. publications, video, social networks posts, and blog site material).
- Communication and discussion skills
Project supervisors assist organisations achieve their marketing objectives by handling numerous marketing channels from start to complete.
Examples of what a campaign manager can do for you
So who can benefit from a project supervisor? Anybody attempting to reach a concrete marketing objective, such as penetrating a brand-new market or increasing sales.
Here are a couple of examples of projects that a project manager can complete:
- Mobilize a group of copywriters, designers, and marketers to develop blog posts, ebooks, and e-mails that make up a sales funnel
- Research keywords to create an SEO content strategy that will drive traffic to your landing page
- Coordinate with media outlets, social media influencers, and other third parties to promote a brand-new item launch
- Manage project budget plans such as funds for a pay per click (PPC) advertising campaign
DETERMINE YOUR PROJECT MANAGEMENT NEEDS
The finest campaign manager for your requirements is the one who understands the ins and outs of your target marketing channels. Do you require experience monitoring conversions on an automatic email project? Or do you likewise require someone knowledgeable about dealing with media outlets? The scope of your job depends on the type and number of marketing channels you have.
How to compose an efficient project management job post
With your campaign management needs in mind, it’s time to write that task post. Put yourself in the shoes of a freelance project manager and attempt to imagine what they’ll type into the search box on Upwork to discover your job.
Every task post ought to consist of:
- Job scope: Specify about the kinds of jobs and deliverables (e.g. promote a brand-new product through Instagram).
- Background: List particular tech abilities and requirements (e.g. experience with Hubspot).
- Timeline: When do you need assist handling campaigns, and for how long will you require them?
- Spending Plan: Set a budget plan and note your preference for < a href =" https://www.upwork.com/hiring/startup/upwork-project-fixed-price-hourly/" onclick=" _ gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'outbound-article', 'https://www.upwork.com/hiring/startup/upwork-project-fixed-price-hourly/', 'hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts']);" rel=" nofollow" target=" _ blank" > per hour rates vs. fixed-price agreements.
Although you do not need a full task description as you would with work, you still desire to be specific and in-depth enough in your task post so that potential freelancer knows what your job requires.
Shortlist possible freelance project managers
With your job published it shouldn’t be long before the first batch of propositions begin rolling in. You can shortlist skilled campaign management freelancers on the following requirements:
- Marketing fit. There’s a huge difference in between running an SEO campaign and attempting to user interface with journalism, familiarity with your marketing project is key.
- Interaction. It takes strong communication and leadership skills to keep everyone from writers to designers focused on the wanted marketing outcome.
- Feedback. Get a peek of what it’s like to work with a particular project supervisor by reading reviews from previous clients.
GET READY FOR THE INTERVIEW
Once you have actually narrowed your list of prospects, you’re all set to carry out the interview which will lead you to your ideal project manager. Here are some sample project supervisor interview concerns:
- ” Describe any obstacles you have actually faced in a team environment. How did you manage them?” Teamwork is the cornerstone of a strong marketing project. You desire a campaign manager who can work well with a varied team of advertisers, designers, authors, and other specialists needed to bring a marketing campaign to life.
- ” Discuss a time you implemented a bold brand-new marketing strategy?” This concern gives the campaign manager a chance to reveal off their skills and experience.
- ” How familiar are you with [insert marketing channel here]?” Whether it’s social networks, SEO, paid search, or print media, each marketing channel features its own set of costs and difficulties.
If you’re still uncertain at the end of the interview procedure which candidate is ideal for you, do not hesitate to use a small paid test project to attempt out a freelancer. Ready to enhance your core KPIs throughout your favorite marketing channel? < a href="https://www.upwork.com/hire/campaign-managers/" onclick =" _ gaq.push (['_trackEvent', 'outbound-article', 'https://www.upwork.com/hire/campaign-managers/', 'Hire a campaign manager on Upwork today!']);" rel="nofollow" target =" _ blank" > Work with a campaign supervisor on Upwork today!